Adobe Audition CS6
A big benefit of Adobe Audition CS5.5 is that it was designed to finally be compatible with the Mac. There are more goodies to come for fans of Audition! Read on to find out more.
Adobe Audition CS6 Release Date
Adobe have released a public beta version of Photoshop CS6 (which looks amazing) and that can only mean that the full package will be on the way sometime very soon. There have been rumours flying around the internet about an early 2012 release with one Adobe forum post quoting an employee mentioning a May 2012 release schedule.
What I’d Like in Adobe Audition CS6
Radio producers, audio content creators, podcasters and DJs worldwide use Adobe Audition (formally known as Cool Edit Pro) to create radio jingles, radio imaging fx, radio shows, full podcasts and much more. Here’s a list of some of the features, missing from Adobe Audition CS5.5, that we hope appear in the new Audition.
- The ability to generate white/brown/pink noise, beeps and tones – the perfect tool for producers of radio imaging sound effects.
- Batch processing of files. Good for when you have a load of wav files you’d like to convert to mp3 or vice versa.
- CD burning app. A luxury but not required (I never used it but many did) and there are alternatives like Nero.
- Some of the more advanced pitch shifting features.
- The native vocoder effect was good but not essential as there are plenty of good VST plugins for that (like Morphoder from Waves).
- Adobe Audition control surface integration. Control surfaces such as the Mackie Control Universal work with 3 but not in 5.5.
Many of the above features were available in Adobe Audition 3 and were lost in order to get a release compatible with Mac out there. We’ll bring you more on the new release as we get it. To get updates join our mailing list (below) and leave a comment below with the features you’d like to see in the new Adobe Audition.